Truffles are quite simple to make and it will be more fun if you have kids to help you.
Ingredients (for around 50 truffles):
- 200g dark chocolate
- 100g white chocolate
- 100ml double cream
- 2 egg yolks
- cocoa powder for coating
- First, you start melting all the chocolate. You can do it in a glass mixing bowl, microwave for 30 seconds, stir and repeat until it is completely melted or in a double boiler.
- Then add the double cream and stir. And finally add the egg yolks and stir them again.
- Set the mix aside at room temperature for about 1 hour to cool it down.
- With the help of a teaspoon take portions of the mix and shape into balls by rolling between the palms of your hands. Kids will love this but if you don’t want to get your hands dirty use powder-free vinyl or latex gloves.
- Place the balls in a bowl with cocoa powder and roll them around until coated. Repeat until all truffles are coated.
- Allow to set in a cool dry place for at least 1 hour or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Enjoy (best when served at room temperature).